POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : OpenGL support idea : OpenGL support idea Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  OpenGL support idea
From: David C
Date: 15 Jan 2001 12:04:45
Message: <3a632dad@news.povray.org>
I am wondering about adding an OpenGL preview for animations. I have three
questions.

- Would it be legal to distribute since OpenGL would be doing the
rendering and povray would only be doing the parsing?
- Is it being done already?
- Is it somthing that the povray comunity would be interested in using?
(besides me)

I am thinking of just using it for very fast test renders, using quick
colors instead of real textures and simple lights so you can see how the
objects look and how the camera moves. You could then tweak it very
finely for animations since the edit/render/view cycle would be shorter.